Reading Time: 6 minutes
THC-Infused Blueberry Smoothies
Here’s a complete list of ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
- 6 Ounces Blueberries
- 2 Ounces Blackberries
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt (Non-Fat)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ¼-½ Cup Almond Milk
It feels like, now more than ever, people are incredibly concerned about their health. Which, don’t get me wrong, is a great thing. We should all strive to live long, healthy lives. And with the increased research continually being done on all things related to nutrition, and how it affects our bodies, the more we realize that what we put into our systems is immensely important. The days of opting for the quicker, fast-food option are gone. Nowadays, if you want something made right, you gotta do it yourself.
Personally, I find that there is no better way to start your day than with a healthy smoothie. This smooth concoction of fruits blended together expertly results in a full belly and energized essence. Your mind slowly awakens and readies itself for the challenges that the day may have, while your body becomes increasingly more motivated to head out the door and tackle any tasks that may be lingering on your to-do list. Take Your Mornings To The Next-Level With THC-Infused Blueberry SmoothiesThere is a multitude of flavor profiles out there, as far as smoothies are concerned. So, feel free to pursue through the litany of options online to find the right taste for you. While I’ve had a bunch of different combinations provide me with adequate flavors and effects, there’s one that I choose above all else. And that flavor, my friends, is blueberry. I’m not sure how to describe it, but there’s something unique and uplifting about a blueberry smoothie that always hits the spot for me. For years, I assumed this was the perfect way to start a day. How could any sort of breakfast come close to this liquified interpretation of my favorite berry? In short, nothing could. This recipe is perfect, and there is absolutely no way it could be improved upon.That is, until you add in some cannabis, of course. This is precisely what I plan to do with this kickass recipe for THC-Infused Blueberry Smoothies!While this recipe may seem intricate, at first, I assure you that it’s far easier than it looks. In a matter of minutes, you’ll be sipping a glass full of a THC-Infused Blueberry Smoothie that you created. I guarantee it. However, before we get any deeper into the details surrounding this THC-Infused Blueberry Smoothie recipe, we need to make sure you have some cannabis-infused coconut oil. Without that, these smoothies will miss that necessary cannabis kick. Sure, they’ll taste great, but they won’t deliver that same balanced level of energy and optimism, which is what makes these breakfast drinks so great in the first place. So, acquiring some cannabis-infused coconut oil is damn near a must for this recipe.Nowadays, most dispensaries pride themselves on offering up such unique cannabis cooking aids, such as this. So, you should probably have no issue finding a bottle for yourself at your neighborhood cannabis club. However, should your go-to spot be sold out of cannabis-infused coconut oil, you can easily whip up a batch of your own in the comfort of your kitchen.In order to make some killer cannabis-infused coconut oil, you’ll need finely grind up about 10 grams of cannabis flower. Place those broken down buds atop a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, take that marijuana-covered baking sheet, and place it into a preheated oven at 240°F for 35-40 minutes. This low and slow heat approach will activate the psychoactive component in the cannabis, otherwise known as THC. When that time period has elapsed, remove the baking sheet, and place it to the side for the time being. Now, you’ll want to place a large saucepan over a heat source set on “medium.” In that saucepan, you’ll want to add in a cup of coconut oil. Allow that to warm up momentarily, then you can add in your decarbed cannabis.Stir the two ingredients around, making sure the THC from the plant gets a chance to latch onto every inch of oil in the saucepan. Then, you’ll want to let these two simmer together for 3 hours or so. This should be ample time for the psychoactive components to attach to every single drop of coconut oil present in that saucepan.When that time is up, remove the saucepan from the heat and prepare a bottle for storage. To do that, you’ll need to place some cheesecloth over the top of the bottle. This material will serve as your main straining mechanism. This barrier will prevent the floral components of the bud from making their way into the bottle with the oil.Once that cheesecloth is nice and secure, you can gradually pour the contents of the saucepan into the bottle through the cheesecloth. At this point in the process, you must remember not to squeeze the cheesecloth. While you may think that’ll help expedite the draining process, it’ll actually help chunks of unwanted flower find their way into the bottle. So, I urge you all to allow gravity to do the work here. When you feel like every ounce of oil has been transferred into the storage container successfully, void of any flower particles, then you can place a cap on the bottle, and put it in a cool, dark area for safekeeping. And that’s it. That’s how you make cannabis-infused coconut oil. Pretty easy, right? Now, you can fully infuse any other home-cooked meal that calls for oil in its recipe. Such as this one for THC-Infused Blueberry Smoothies.
- For this recipe, we will utilize the cold powers of frozen bananas instead of ice. So, to kick things off, you’ll need to freeze up those ‘nanners of yours. And there are a couple ways you could go about doing this.
- One, you can simply wrap up a couple ripe bananas in tin foil and throw them in the freezer for a handful of hours. You’ll know they’re ready to go when they appear to feel completely solid.
- At which point, you’ll take them out of the freezer, and run them under warm water briefly, before removing the peel to the best of your ability. Then, you’d take a scooping utensil of your choice, and dig out the banana innards from the peel, which you will then chop into chunks that will be added to your blender.
- Or, if you’d rather freeze those bananas without their peels, you can remove the peel, and chop the banana into little pieces, which you would then toss in a Ziplock bag, and place in the freezer. This should freeze quicker than the other method, but be sure to watch out for freezer burn.
- However you decide to go about it, once your bananas are ready, toss them in the blender, along with your almond milk, blueberries, and cinnamon. Then you can blend those bad boys up until they are nice and smooth.
- When you’re happy with how that looks, toss in your cannabis-infused coconut oil, honey, and yogurt. Blend everything up again until it reaches a smooth consistency. If you’d like to play with the consistency, you can continue to blend up the ingredients and/or add in more almond milk, it’s completely up to you.
- But, as soon as your satisfied with its appearance, the only thing left to do is pour it in a glass, top it off with some chia seeds and cinnamon, and enjoy.
Check Out Best Recipe for Cannabis Popcorn Bars